Tuesday

13 More Prophecies Proving Jesus Is the Messiah


  • preceded by a messenger

    • Malachi 3:1 - Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
    • fulfilled in Luke 7:24-27 - (24) And when the messengers of John were departed, he began to speak unto the people concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness for to see? A reed shaken with the wind? (25) But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? Behold, they which are gorgeously apparelled, and live delicately, are in kings' courts. (26) But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? Yea, I say unto you, and much more than a prophet. (27) This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

  • declared the son of God

    • Psalm 2:7 - I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
    • fulfilled in Matthew 3:17 - And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

  • His Galilean ministry

    • Isaiah 9:1-2 - (1) Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations. (2) The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
    • fulfilled in Matthew 4:13-16 - (13) And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim: (14) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, (15) The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles; (16) The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.

  • He is a prophet

    • Deuteronomy 18:15 - The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
    • fulfilled in Acts 3:20-22 - (20) And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: (21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. (22) For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

  • He will heal the brokenhearted

    • Isaiah 61:1-2 - (1) The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; (2) To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
    • fulfilled in Luke 4:18-19 - (18) The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, (19) To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

  • rejected by his own people

    • Isaiah 53:3 - He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
    • fulfilled in John 1:11 - He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 
    • and Luke 23:18 - And they cried out all at once, saying, Away with this man, and release unto us Barabbas:

  • priest after the order of Melchizedek

    • Psalm 110:4 - The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
    • fulfilled in Hebrews 5:5-6 - (5) So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee. (6) As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

  • His triumphal entry riding upon a colt

    • Zechariah 9:9 - Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.
    • fulfilled in Mark 11:7-11 - (7) And they brought the colt to Jesus, and cast their garments on him; and he sat upon him. (8) And many spread their garments in the way: and others cut down branches off the trees, and strawed them in the way. (9) And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord: (10) Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest. (11) And Jesus entered into Jerusalem, and into the temple: and when he had looked round about upon all things, and now the eventide was come, he went out unto Bethany with the twelve.

  • betrayed by a friend

    • Psalm 41:9 - Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
    • fulfilled in Luke 22:47-48 - (47) And while he yet spake, behold a multitude, and he that was called Judas, one of the twelve, went before them, and drew near unto Jesus to kiss him. (48) But Jesus said unto him, Judas, betrayest thou the Son of man with a kiss?

  • sold for 30 pieces of silver

    • Zechariah 11:12 - And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.
    • fulfilled in Matthew 26:15 - And said unto them, What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you? And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver.

  • accused by false witnesses

    • Psalm 35:11 - False witnesses did rise up; they laid to my charge things that I knew not.
    • fulfilled in Mark 14:57-58 - (57) And there arose certain, and bare false witness against him, saying, (58) We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.

  • He would not answer His accusers

    • Isaiah 53:7 - He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
    • fulfilled in Mark 15:4-5 - (4) And Pilate asked him againsaying, Answerest thou nothing? behold how many things they witness against thee. (5) But Jesus yet answered nothing; so that Pilate marvelled.

  • spat on and smitten

    • Isaiah 50:6 - I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.
    • fulfilled in Matthew 26:67 - Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands,

Thanks For Reading. Please Like and Share!



This is Part 2 of a 3 part series.


Part 1: 13 Prophecies Proving Jesus Is the Messiah
Part 2: 13 More Prophecies Proving Jesus Is the Messiah
Part 3: Yet 13 More Prophecies Proving Jesus Is the Messiah (Coming Soon!)

Related articles


354 Prophecies Fulfilled in Jesus Christ (accordingtothescriptures.org)
365 Messianic Prophecies (bibleprobe.com)